Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cakes

*** Sugar... ahhh yummy yummy...  ***


I am sooo excited cause I can officially say I have got my wedding cake organised! and the lady who is doing it for me is so talented, and I am super happy. I have a definite style in mind, however some more inspiration below (Please note I have tried not to post anything remotely similar to mine below, as there needs to be some surprise elements on the day)
Square or round, that is something that I have not yet decided (?)

If I can pass on a tip though from experience, do look around at all options and cake makers. I had originally gone to a cake shop, and they amount that they wanted to charge almost had me wanting to skip the wedding cake all together.
I ended up finding a lady who has been making wedding cakes for 35years from home, and I was very impressed with her portfolio of her work, all together with heaps of thank you letters.
Another tip is provide some of the embellishments yourself, I will be getting my own ribbon, bling buckles, ect. as this will also save costs towards additional items on your cake - all while making it more personal to your style as you choose the additional items according to your tastes / likes.








Love the cute look of the matching cupcakes above, it could be a great idea to incorporate onto the kids table. Dont think I have let on yet with my ideas for the kids tables, its a clever little plan I have come up with to keep the kiddies entertained ..(and quiet during speeches ect).. Planning for this yet to come so keep tuned

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment