Thursday, April 15, 2010

Flowers

Lets face it, weddings are expensive! and being on a budget I would like best value for money where I can get it. Flowers for me was never one of those MUST on my list, with so many other options available such as lovely smelling candles, decorative vases ect. I never set my heart on having massive centrepieces of flowers. Besides that, florists seem to charge a fortune for anything decent.
However looking around I have now changed views on flowers, and decided this is something that I can do myself and intergrade into the wedding as a DIY project.

Photos below taken from : http://florettedesigns.blogspot.com/





I have managed to get a few things already for my centrepieces, I got some great 40cmx40cm curved mirrors for the centre from IKEA and got some great sized vases and crystal candle holders. Now I just have to settle on a candle scent from dusk (thinking possibly a vanilla scent) this would give a nice aroma and feel to the wedding

I love the use of flowers to make the letters LOVE as shown below. This is taken from the wedding planner - Cathrin D'Entremonts blog. She is based in Perth, and is a very helpful and lovely lady. I had a consultation with her, which I won off Polkadot Bride - and she helped me to get some ideas and a few tips on how to be organised.



I am a little nervous about the flower DIY side to my wedding, but I am sure with all the family help I have it will come out just the way I would of planned, until then....
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment